Today, there is too much information about the nutrition, and often it does not help to understand, but only confuses. People want to know what breakfast should be like in terms of fat loss, and whether or not to give your dinner to the enemy, as the old adage goes. They look for lists of the “right” foods to eat at the right time and surround themselves with a set of different beliefs.For example, that product X is always deposited in fat, and Y only after six in the evening, and, of course, product Z has fat-burning properties and accelerates metabolism. In order not to continue this list, we asked fitness trainer and nutritionist Victoria Tretiak to dot the i's and cross the t's.
It is difficult to meet a person who would not try a diet at least once, in the name of a flat stomach or slim legs. No one becomes successful by following the “5 Easy Steps to Success”, but our brain always wants to experience pleasure at minimal cost, which is why we sincerely believe that pumping abs 10 minutes a day or sitting on a fruit diet, we will say goodbye once and for all to fat which have been accumulated over the years.
Any diet, no matter how it is called and no matter how it explains its effectiveness, works on only one principle: to make a person eat less. This is the only way by which the body will take energy from fat reserves and make the body slim. There are no exceptions to this rule, it is based on the laws of physics.
But only few people are delighted when they once again (especially for money) are told that they already know that eating less and moving more is the only way to lose weight. And to avoid this inconvenient truth, diet authors use different rules and restrictions that help a person get fewer calories without realizing it, and, as a result, lose kilograms.
Before you find out what still works, you should find out what is not effective, and sometimes even harms the body. This will not only save you money, but also your time.
Let's analyze the top 3 summer diets that will make you slim, at best, for a few days:
The first place among the most popular is occupied by detox diets based on herbal teas, fruit and vegetable juices, which, it would seem, perfectly replace tons of high-calorie food. It is also believed that the accumulated toxins and slags weaken the body and cause excess weight. But what kind of slags are, where they are and how they harm, even the manufacturers of detox products themselves do not know. We all want fast results, and through a detox diet, people manage to lose 2 to 5 kilograms. Unfortunately, these weight changes are simply water loss, glycogen loss, and bowel emptying. It is worth finishing the diet and the weight comes back, often doubly. So the body is protected in case you suddenly decide to try this diet again.
The second most popular is the fruit diet. It includes losing weight on citrus fruits, watermelons, pineapples and other fruits and berries, which allegedly have a fat-burning effect.
Remember once and for all: There are no products from which we gain weight, and those from which fat melts on the sides.
Most of the high-profile claims in the media about the fat-burning properties of a particular product are based on poor quality or paid research. It is worth remembering that not so many people have a healthy stomach and the use of fruit diets, which at least increase acidity, is not the best solution.
The third promising is the semi-starvation diet.
This category includes any diet where you limit yourself partially or completely in eating food. Diet on yoghurt, water, cucumbers, celery, etc. A person on such a diet feels hungry, sleepy and lethargic. As a result, he begins to think more about food and want to eat all the most harmful. And the one who still manages to lose a few kilograms, with a probability of 100%, faces a breakdown: uncontrolled overeating lasts for weeks.
If body weight has changed during such a diet, then the percentage of body fat has only increased, because the typical diet has almost no protein in its diet, and this inevitably leads to muscle loss. This makes the body flabby even if you are a size S.
Therefore, the best diet is considered to be the one on which you can sit for a lifetime.
Here are a few advises that will help you start the path to a slim and beautiful body without food restrictions:
1) In order for the weight not to return, its loss should range from 200 g to 1 kilogram per week, in this case, the body and the central nervous system do not experience stress and the extra pounds go away forever.
2) Eating while watching TV or your phone greatly increases the chances of overeating and contributes to poor digestion.
3) Find the kind of physical activity that you like and enjoy, or try to take at least 10,000 steps a day.
4) It doesn’t matter if you eat 3 or 6 meals a day, the metabolic rate will not increase from this.
5) The last meal should be 3-4 hours before bedtime. And do not forget that a quality 8-hour sleep reduces weight, so try to go to bed at 22-23 hours.
6) There are no "dangerous" foods, but there are unhealthy amounts. And almost everything is allowed in moderation.
7) Sticking to a nutrition program is less effective in the long run than learning to eat comfortably and variedly.
8) Do not forget that each person is individual and has a number of health limitations. So what works for one person may not work for another. Look for a diet that is comfortable for you. Build your meal plan based on daily activity, work schedule and sleep patterns.